Jason Derbyshire – Structural Integration Specialist
Who am I? At the core of who I am, I am a caring, loving, generous human being who is passionate about helping people to live happier, healthier lives free from pain and discomfort. The best way I can do this is through specialist Bodywork.
I started my Bodywork/Massage practice in 2003 after completing my training with Avind and Jane Pujji, both certified Hellerwork practitioners.
Then in 2007, I became certified with (iasi) International Association of Structural Integrators. I worked in private practice and was guided for several more years under the guidance and mentorship of my teachers.
I have worked in many wellness retreat centres and was the head bodywork trainer and structural Integration therapist on the Dawn Princess cruise ship.
In 2013 I gained a degree in Counselling and used counselling and bodywork side by side.
This period was extremely rewarding as I had the opportunity to work with a variety of individuals, groups and organisations. These included SVS Living Safe, Whenua Iti Outdoors, Lifeline Aotearoa, guidance counselling and group therapy leader positions. The insight I gained from this period reinforced the need for Bodywork in many areas of society.
Since then my bodywork toolkit has been steadily evolving and now consists of new refinements.
HOW I APPROACH BODYCARE
The biggest shift in my practice has come not from adding new tools, but actually fine tuning my ability to subtly feel and listen to the client’s body so I can be guided to what it needs in that moment. Thus allowing the client to return to a balanced, aligned state of ease as fast as possible to…. “get back their moves”. I am having noticeable success with many high level management and athletic clientele who are using my services not just to alleviate pain and discomfort but to give them the edge they are looking for in their industry or sport.
I believe this is a great validation of the power of specialised bodywork and the attention and recognition it deserves continues to grow.
What does the future hold for me? To continue to live a balanced, grateful and harmonious life and to hone my craft so that I can provide greater value and care to my clients assisting them to live lives free from pain and discomfort and to support them to feel their best.
STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION QUALIFICATIONS
- 2003: Structural Integration Therapist, Trained at Pujiis Wellness School
- 2007: Certified with (iasi) International Association of Structural Integrators
THE BARRAL INSTITUTE – OSTEOPATHY
- Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1 (VM1)
- Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 2 (VM2)
- Visceral Manipulation: The Pelvis (VM3)
- Visceral Manipulation: The Thorax (VM4)
- Manual Thermal Evaluation Visceral Emotional (VM5)
- Neural Manipulation: Neuromeningeal Manipulation, An Integrative Approach to Trauma (NM1)
- Neural Manipulation: Peripheral Nerve Manipulation: Upper body (NM2)
- Maue: New Manual Articular Approach Upper Extremities
CONTACT CARE: FLINCHLOCK RELEASE QUALIFICATIONS
- Contact C.A.R.E Foundation Training – Completed
- Contact C.A.R.E Practitioners Training – Completed
MYOFASCIAL RELEASE: BETH BEAUCHAMP
- MFR Foundations
- MFR Upper Body
- MFR Lower body
- 2013: Bachelor of Social Science (Counselling) level 7 Nelson Polytechnic
- 2011: Teachers qualification Yoga Alliance 200 hours